Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Most Anticlimactic Purchase of Our Lives

Sorry for the radio silence recently, but I have a really good reason.  A really big (expensive) reason:


We bought a house!  (I'm also trying to finish reading Game of Thrones, which is way longer and more boring than I expected given the hype of the television show, but the house is the main thing.)

This is normally the part where I would show you pictures and lament all the projects, painting, and shopping we will have to endure to make the house how I envision it, but sadly there will be no pictures for a while because we don't actually live or have access to our house yet.  Until we do, however, I hope to share a few lofty ideas we have and possibly our home buying experience, as I know there are tons of people looking to buy while the rates are still amazingly low.

Anyone else not get to move into their new home right away?  Any tips on slogging through Game of Thrones?

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Congrats!!! I would love to hear how your experience went (hopefully better than mine!).

    Also we just started watching Game of Thrones and have breezed through 2 seasons in 2 weekends. My husband is reading the books, but like you he said they are so much longer and not quite as fast or exciting as the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the house! Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the house! So exciting! Um, I got bored reading the first GoT book, so I gave up in the middle, so I can't be much help. And for that reason, I haven't even given the show a shot. Fantasy just isn't my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I TOTALLY understand where you are right now. I just hope your wait isn't as long as ours! :)

    ReplyDelete

data:newerPageTitle data:olderPageTitle