Friday, October 12, 2012

Why Greece?

So, before I tell you all about our Grecian adventures, I thought I would bore you explain why we chose Greece for our vacation.  


I know.  I know.  Like I need to explain it.
Obviously, Greece is gorgeous.  Even though beauty alone is not an end all be all reason to visit a place, it was what attracted me to Greece in the first place.  In fact, before we were even engaged, I told Brian this is where we would be going on our honeymoon.  Of course, once we actually started planning our honeymoon, it became evident that Greece wouldn't happen.  It was too expensive and too far away given our situation.  Instead, we went to Disney and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which was a different type of awesome, and agreed to go to Greece within a year.

Disney awesomeness

As we were getting close to one year though, we doubted whether we should go to Greece.  There were lots of things to consider, not least of which included the turmoil surrounding Greece's economic condition.  Greek protests have a history of turning violent, a fact which we were well aware and sought to avoid at all costs.  

Photo: Aris Messinis, AFP/Getty Images Via SFGate
fyi, this was from the day we were leaving Athens, but we'll get to that later.

In the end, we decided we could mitigate our risks and just decided to go for it.  Before this trip, Brian and I had never had a vacation longer than five days, including our honeymoon.  So, in many ways this trip was long overdue for the two of us.

Next up, we go to Greece!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! The fear of turmoil would make me really apprehensive about planning a trip there, but in the end, you can't control it and it could happen anywhere. My fiance went to Israel a couple of years ago and there were bombings both before and after his trip, which made me VERY nervous!

    ReplyDelete

data:newerPageTitle data:olderPageTitle