Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Favorites

I haven't done one of these posts in a few weeks, not for lack of desire, but because I've been busy with all sorts of things lately.  Some were planned and fun (my dad visiting for the inauguration), and some have been unplanned and not quite as fun as I had hoped (more on that later, though).  Anyway, I'm happy to be back to share a few things that have been making me happy over the last few weeks.
 
Downton Abbey
 
 
If you've never seen Downton Abbey, watch it.  Now.  I've professed my love for this show before, but it is worth repeating.  Although this season is already a few episodes in (which also means the season is about half over), I still get sucked in every Sunday night.  There's something about the elegance and sophistication of a wealthy English family mixed with the drama of everyday life that I just love.  Also, their clothes are amazing.  And, Maggie Smith.
 
Also, the feud between O'Brien and Thomas might just be the best thing on television.  Ever.  In case you aren't familiar with the show, these two characters are usually conniving and scheming together, but this season they are pitted against each other in what will hopefully turn into an all out bitch fest by the season finale. 
 
30 Rock
 
 
After seven years, 30 Rock is down to its final episode next week.  As a lover of all things Tina Fey, I've been a fan of this show from the beginning.  I'm sad to see such a hilarious show be gone from my tv repertoire,  but I'm hoping for an epic ending to the series next week.
 
VS Minty Lip Shine
 
 
I have owned this stuff for several years, but I recently rediscovered it hidden in one of my old work bags.  It says it is "a fresh take on shine.  This mint-infused balm leaves lips glossy and hydrated while freshening every breath you take."  While the breath freshening claim seems dubious to me, it does keep my lips hydrated during these dry winter days while giving my lips a nice tingle from the mint .  I'm not usually a big fan of the VS lip shines because they tend to be too sticky for me, but this one always seems to have the perfect consistency while still giving my lips a nice shine.
 
OneNote
 
 
I saw people take notes in law school using this program all the time.  Yet, I retained my allegiance to good ol' Microsoft Word out of some strange loyalty, or, more accurately, ignorance.  I love having multiple tabs open for internet browsing, and OneNote essentially does the same thing but with documents.  The formatting is perfect for list making (which I love to do!) and I love that you can have a notebook for one subject, broken down into sections or categories that make sense to you. 
 
Brave
 
 
We have had this movie at the top of our Netflix queue since it came out on dvd in November and we finally got it to watch this week.  I love all of the Disney/Pixar collaborations, and Brave did not disappoint.  This movie had it all; a strong female lead, Scottish revelry,  a bit of magic, and even a Mumford & Sons song (although it was performed by Birdy in the movie).  I loved it and it makes me want to visit Scotland and learn to use a bow and arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

data:newerPageTitle data:olderPageTitle