Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Life, Lately

It has now been pointed out to me by more than one person that I haven't posted anything in quite some time. Trust me, it is not for lack of things to talk about  (house projects! new furniture! Charlie!!), but I just needed a break.

The last month has been extremely exhausting emotionally and mentally as we continue to deal with the effects of the accident that left my brother in law with a traumatic brain injury. Although he is doing so much better than we could have dreamed (he's home!), the reality is that he needs a lot of support as he continues to improve. As the big brother, my husband has taken on as many responsibilities as he can from four hundred miles away. In turn, I've tried to be supportive and understanding, knowing that my brother in law needs it right now. 


Yesterday, we had a snow day and it was so welcome. Charlie and I hung out, lazed on the couch, and finally started our online Christmas shopping (we are so behind this year it is driving me crazy). Life will still be pretty crazy and stressful, but the break yesterday was a much needed refresher for my mental health and I am now ready to embrace this blog and the holiday season with open arms.

Much love, Jess 

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a bit of a break, and it's good to hear that your BIL is doing better! I hope he continues to improve. Take all the time you need to get back into the swing of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear your BIL is improving. Please post more puppy pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that your BIL is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL, I hope he continues to heal and recover! It's so hard to go through something like that; you're lucky you have each other to lean on. Hopefully all of the hustle and bustle and merry-ness everywhere of the holidays will help cheer you up and take your mind off of what's going on - and Christmas always is such a reminder of what's important in life. Glad you're back, and I can't wait to see more photos of Charlie!

    ReplyDelete

data:newerPageTitle data:olderPageTitle