Wednesday, October 16, 2013

House Tour: Main Floor

After sticking with me through all of those house hunting posts, you deserve to see a house tour.  Sadly, my pictures do not do our house justice.  Not only is it painfully obvious that I need a wider lens, but the sun was not cooperating the day we moved in, so the lighting is awful. Plus, neither Brian or I took pictures of anything but the main floor (how did that happen?!), I blame it on being so excited to move that we forgot there was another floor. 

So, I'll start with the main floor today while I decide whether to use listing photos or take some of my own for the other areas.  As a refresher, we ended up with this white brick colonial.

It's not crooked in real life.

When you walk into our house, the living room is directly on your right.  We love the wood burning fireplace, original oak floors, and French doors, but we can't wait to add some personality to this very bland room.  We want to add some paint on the walls and do something about the faux brick in front of the fireplace.


And, while I love the crown molding, I hate its color.  I cannot wait to paint it.


This next room is a den that is an addition on the side of our house.  Until yesterday, it was Charlie's room, but we moved him to the basement where we hope everyone will be happier with the set up.


We have grand plans to one day tear this room down and build a bigger, better addition, but right now we will settle for ripping up the carpet and doing something to cover up the ugly wood paneling.


Continuing through the living room is our dining room, which is a much older addition on the house. It's a great sized room, but I would love to add some wainscoting and paint the walls and trim.  Oh, and actually get a dining set so we can stop eating on our couch, finally.


The part that made me love this house--the built-in cabinet. I'm easy to please.


Next to the built-in is our main floor bathroom.  There are only two bathrooms in this house and I'm so happy that one of them in on the main floor.  This bathroom is small and clean, but in need of some serious updating.  And proper window treatments.


On the back of the house is our galley kitchen.  The kitchen is updated with granite, stainless steel, and newer cabinets, but I don't love it. I have dreams of a crisp, white kitchen one day.  One day.


I do love the butcher block for cutting and prepping food, but the poor pot rack does not get used.


The final room on the main floor is our family room...or something, we don't really have a good use for it yet.  The other owners used it as the tv room, but we're not quite sold on that plan since the room is quite small.


This room also has our second built in cabinet with plenty of storage.


And that is the first floor of our house.  More to come soon!

3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to see what you do with this awesome space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really nice! I hope our next place has built-ins too! Love those.

    ReplyDelete

data:newerPageTitle data:olderPageTitle